Thursday, September 11, 2014

never forget.

New York, New York... It's a helluva town.

Although I didn't end up making it over to Ground Zero today, the city felt like it started off a little bit quieter today than its usually deafening tones.  As if the Big Apple itself were remembering 9/11.

I had flashes of all my memories of 9/11 on the day... And it was intense. So I decided going to Ground Zero might've really thrown me.

Instead, I got to have coffee with one of my old Disney friends who I haven't seen in at least a year and a half (maybe two) while he was on a layover for his AMAZING vacay to Greece! (I'm totes jealous, Nico. That's on my bucket list of travel spots.)

After that, I realized I was an idiot and left my I-9 documents at home. So I couldn't register with central casting today. *grumble grumble*

But I did check my headshot proofs (they're perfect!) and I pick them up tomorrow after my Norwegian Cruise Line dance call.

Here's the best part of my day though: I got a text from a friend who is a producer out here. He's currently working on "On the Town" and "An American in Paris". If you know me, you KNOW I'm freaking out about these dance musicals.  And my friend invited me to watch some of the rehearsal at the Lyric (formerly Foxwoods) Theater.

So OF COURSE I went!! And it was amazing. This huge theater, a huge production, all the crew and staff running around. But the best part was, I sat in the orchestra watching this rehearsal - and the dancers and cast seemed so normal. Real. Tangible. Someone like me.

This dream just got a lot more real to me. I feel like I could've been up there with them.

I was so happy to realize that this isn't as far out of reach as I thought it might be. So I'm going in tomorrow to this cruise line audition... And I'm going to try my damnedest to get it.

Big Apple, I'm ready to take a bite. Let's do this.

xoxo, Jennifer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment