Tuesday, September 16, 2014

feast your eyes!

Hello readers!

I promised an extra juicy entry for today - so here it is!  (feast your eyes!)

Today was BRILLIANT.  In SO many ways... Let me start from the beginning:

First of all, I got to sleep in slightly.  I was woken by the sounds of rain...(glorious!) And I FINALLY got to have tea with REAL MILK  (you have no idea... I tried to do it with coconut milk.  It was awful... NEVER TRY IT)

For those of you that don't know me super well - I'm a coffee snob, a wine snob... but when it comes to tea - I am the BIGGEST snob.  If I'm having a black tea it MUST be hot, with honey and milk.  REAL MILK.  English style.  Anything other than that, and it tastes like MUD to me.

SO many caps.... so you know I'm serious.  ;)

Anyway... that part of my routine got me ready to jet off to Central Casting. (in the rain... in my little kid audition gear and my new rainboots!) --  I registered there fairly quickly and made it with PLENTY of time for my callback for the Hershey Chocolate theme park Holiday gig.

I found the other "Cindy Lou Who"-looking girl and we bonded while we waited.  We finally found our holding room, and made it with time to spare... to go over our "popular" Christmas song that I have NEVER heard of in the history of ever.  Anyone ever heard of "Reindeer On the Roof"??  No?  Me either.

When I went in to sing, I was absolutely spastic.  SO nervous.  But I got the notes out...even if my body pulled a Mary Katherine Gallagher.  (Which I think they liked??)


  THIS was my look for today. 
By the way, did I tell you they were having me play a 6-10 year old child??  
THANK YOU MOM FOR MY GENETICS!!  

But after all that, I was asked to come back and read... but with this extra time I ran over to Don't Tell Mama in Hell's Kitchen to audition for another singing showcase.  And I booked it!!  With enough time to spare to grab a quick bite at Starbucks, I made it back to Pearl Studios for my second callback of the day.

I did a cold read (for those of you that don't know, that means I only received the script JUST before we audition) of the scene, and I think I nailed it.  It's down to 5 girls for this specific role... and I feel like it's mine to lose.  It's up to the casting gods now, and I feel VERY good about my performance today.  I've done all I can, and that's all you can do in this business!

Not only that, but I made several good friends at the audition today... one that I know will be a close friend through my time here, and for that I am SO grateful.

So today I can't stop smiling - because THIS moment is what I came here for.  The kismet of a good audition day, and a good day as a human being... I know this is where I belong.  I know I made the right decision in taking this risk.


the mantra.

I cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings... two job interviews for the service industry, and maybe an attempt to get rush tickets for a Broadway show?  :)

xoxo, Jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment